Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Tis the Season

School is almost done. My curriculum class is almost done. The grading of exams is almost done. I am looking forward to this Christmas break, probably more than any other break. This is the first time in a year that I will have a vacation without having to do any grad school work AT ALL. Once this class is completed, I will have finished 8 classes (16 credits) in one year. I have enjoyed learning, and feel that I have learned WAY more than I expected. Every class was a struggle at some point, but God sustained my brain to be able to handle the higher level of thinking, intelligence, and vocabulary. Very thankful for His guidance throughout my life and this year. I'm not sure I could have or would have made it (mentally and physically) through this past year without God's strength, peace, and grace in my life.

Another reason why I am looking forward to a break is because I get to see my family!!!!! (Not all of use will be there -- Nate, Nicole and gang will be in Europe). I have really been missing my family, and am really not liking the fact that everyone lives so far away. I will be spending Christmas day with Will's family and am looking forward to experiencing some of their Christmas traditions. Then, Will and I are leaving to head up to the cabin for about a week. The nieces and nephews do not know what is coming to them from the naughtiest lion of all! We are all hoping for snow, even though it is unlikely. One can always dream, right? Will has never seen falling snow, so it would be really neat if it did snow while we were there.

I'm also looking forward to surprising Will with his Christmas present. He does not know what it is, but has made some good guesses.

But before I can start my celebrations, I still have to finish two projects...even though all I want to do is take a nap! The last time I laid down to take a nap, I ended up sleeping all night long. So, a nap is not in my future today!

No comments: