Wednesday, October 02, 2013

The last few months

So much has happened since January. Will moved away -- he's in chiropractic school. So so so sad that we are not in the same area, but so thankful for God's leading in his life. We are very excited about this opportunity for Will to go to school and become a chiropractor. We get to see each other about every 3 weeks. I actually count out the exact days between seeing each other b/c saying 19 days is much easier than thinking about 3 WEEEEEEEEKS. I've had my really crazy moments...and I do mean crazy...that I pretty much cannot handle being away from each other any more. But God is faithful to remind me that there is a purpose in it all, and Will is ever so kind and patient with me in my worst moments. I was trying to describe Will to one of my friends this summer. What I ended up saying is that pretty much Will is everything that I am not and then a lot more. He balances me out, calms my ridiculousness, and puts me in my place -- all while being patient and loving. He makes me laugh, too. Even though, I miss not being around him, I am so thankful for the times that we are together.

Since then Tucker and I just hang out every night -- go on walks, play tug of war, snuggle, etc. Tucker is such a good dog and is my little, faithful companion. It is hard to imagine what life was like before Tucker.

The Davies family added 2 more members to the family this year. My sister and one of my sister-in-laws had babies. So the total is 7 nieces and 4 nephews. Some of the nephews aren't too sure about having sisters around, but they will get over it...eventually.

Andy and Davina and 4 kids are full time missionaries at VA Tech now. Will and I and my parents were able to help them move this summer. So excited for them as they establish the cause of Christ at VA Tech.

If everything goes according to plan with grad school, I will graduate in May. Just have 2 classes left and a short little capstone project...no biggie! HA! I really have been so thankful for the education that I have received from BBC in PA, but I am SOOOOO ready to have somewhat of a life back! Just like with Tucker, it is hard for me to remember a weekend or a vacation for that matter when I did not have to be thinking, studying, reading, analyzing, writing, or editing a paper. I am also so thankful for the professors that I have had at BBC. Let me just say...WOW! Not only knowledgable, but also incredible teachers. But the thing that I am most thankful for is that they pray for me, and there is a greater purpose in what they are accomplishing.

Anyway, I should get back to another project for my class.

No comments: