Saturday, November 23, 2013


And again, a lot has happened since I last blogged. Will and I got engaged! WOOHOO! The story is below. Love him so much, and looking forward to being his wife in 6 months! 

So, pretty much it was the perfect engagement story -- included all of the things that I love without ever telling him what I expected -- truly a dream come true!
A couple of backgroud details: Will and I have been dating for 2 1/2 years. I absolutely love my family and love spending time with them. And I love being outside.
So, about 1/2 of my family was in town this weekend -- from FL, VA, and IN. And Will came over -- all of the men were golfing in a tournament on Friday. I took the day off of work and spent the whole day outside at the beach with my mom, sister (and her 4 girls). Such a fun and relaxing day.
Saturday Will told me that "we" were going down to spend a couple of hours at Fort de Soto (a state park that is on the beach with an old fort on it). It is a beautiful place, and the weather was so nice on Saturday. So, I wore shorts and flip flops -- the purpose that I was told why we were going down there was to geocash. Well, we did not find the geocash...at all...I stepped on about 5 sandspurs (b/c I was wearing flip flops) and I got bit or stung by a very weird bug. Needless to say I was not all that happy, but I was trying to have a good attitude b/c it was an adventure and it was gorgeous out, etc.
So, then Will took me to the top of the fort apologized for not being able to find the geocash, but said that he found something else and that was me...and a ring. So, he propsed, got down on one knee, I said yes! I thought that was it, b/c I was told by my family that we were all eating dinner at a certain time. Little did I know that Will had emailed both sides of our family and told them to meet us at Carraba's (yes, my favorite restaurant) for a surprise engagement party! It was so wonderful to be able to see my parents, sister (and her family), and one of my brothers -- as well as WIll's family right away. (And that is when I really cried!) smile
Anyway, I told Will that Saturday several of my dreams came true -- we are both very thankful and humbled by the Lord's blessings in our life.

No comments: